Research Data Analysis (RDA) is a service unit in the Office of Research. Our mission is to provide statistical and methodological support so that faculty and students can produce high quality, publishable, and fundable research. To facilitate our mission, we partner with the Center for Academic Excellence to offer several workshops a year. In addition, we provide individual consultation to faculty and student researchers. Here are most common services we provide:
Grant Proposal Preparation & Study Design
- Study design consultation and evaluation
- Sample size and power calculations
- Writing statistical analysis section for grant proposal
- Writing data archiving/management plans
Note: If the PI anticipates using RDA's services for analysis after the grant is funded, we ask that the office be written into the grant. Rates can be discussed during the consultation.
- Sample size estimates
- Data management services
- Data analysis
- Interpretation of results
Note: Our staff have expertise in a range of statistical tests, including ANOVA, regression, linear mixed models (multilevel models), and thematic coding.
- Review of statistical analysis results
- Writing/reviewing the statistical methods results sections
- Responses to reviewer comments and questions