Research Design & Analysis (RDA) is a service unit of the Office of Research. Our mission is to provide statistical and methodological support so that faculty and students can produce high quality, publishable, and fundable research. To facilitate our mission, we partner with the Center for Academic Excellence to offer several workshops per year. In addition, we provide individual consultation to faculty and student researchers. Here are the most common services we provide:
- Review of statistical analysis results
- Writing/reviewing the statistical methods results sections
- Responses to reviewer feedback
- Analysis of strengths and weaknesses
We aim to provide thorugh, line-by-line analysis of our clients' manuscripts. Our findings typically make a key difference in the peer review process.
Grant Proposal Help
- Study design consultation and evaluation
- Sample size and power calculations
- Writing statistical analysis section for grant proposal
- Writing data archiving/management plans
If the PI anticipates using RDA's services for analysis after the grant is funded, we ask that the office be written into the grant. Rates can be discussed during individual consultation.
- Sample size estimates
- Data management services and best practices
- Data analysis
- Interpretation of results
Our staff have expertise in a range of statistical tests, including ANOVA, regression, linear mixed models (multilevel models), and thematic coding.